Saturday, June 27, 2009

Picture post!

Okay so first off, sorry but I am not a very prolific photographer. I feel like it interrupts actually seeing places so I generally never bring my camera anywhere. For the sake of the Light Fellowship, I will take at least two photos a week. Below are photos from the first week or so of wandering through Taipei. Above however, is a picture of my room at Yale before I cleaned it and packed it. It happened to be on my camera and it is so disastrous that I thought it needed documenting.
I think I will have an Eric's favorite ludicrous English sign of the summer contest. Place your votes on the comment board. This is my first entry. "Big shoes for Ladies." This store could really use some PR consultation. 
Here we are at Long Shan temple which I describe in an earlier post. These people are lighting incense and worshipping.
More of the temple altar. 
I think the roofs of these temples are especially cool. 

This is a rock outside the temple. The engraving just says "Long Shan Temple." 

Entry number two. We did not eat here. 

We did eat at the Taipei Main Station's ENORMOUS food court though. This is my lunch. Be jealous.
This is the fried rice Sei ordered at the huge food court in Taipei Main Station. Mmm.


This is the walkway to the National Palace Museum which I visited awhile ago and talked about in a post I think. Very beautifully located near some hills. 


Okay that's all I've got for now.


2 comments:

  1. Awesome posts! Love the sign pictures - based on my brief trip to Hong Kong, there will be many worthy competitors for the award.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "For the sake of the Light Fellowship, I will take at least two photos a week."

    The Light Fellowship thanks you. So will friends, family, and probably yourself. =)

    ReplyDelete